Tuesday, January 29, 2008

U2 Date Night

Saturday night, my husband surprised me with tickets to U2 3-D at our local Imax. It had gotten great reviews from various sources and was a bit cheaper than a concert ticket. :) It was crazy! It was not as loud as a concert but it made you feel like you were kind of there and it was so fun seeing the performance and band up close. The music was, of course, wonderful with the exception of a couple of songs that were strange renditions of classics and a couple of songs that should have been included. :) And Bono's theology is way off as he essentially equates Jews, Jesus, and Muhammed but if you can get past that, it was an interesting and exciting experience! We had a blast!

U2 is one of my all time favorite bands! I love Joshua Tree and The Best of the 90s cds the most. I have dreamed of seeing them in concert but have never had the opportunity - maybe some day. This experience totally made me want to go to a concert and I definitely want to be in the mosh pit! I think their music is awesome and I appreciate the humanitarian work that Bono is involved in.

We finished our evening at P.F. Chang's - a restaurant that I love but usually forget about. :) It was so delicious and was a great way to end our date. If you are looking for something different and you are a U2 fan - go check it out!

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

I'll have to borrow a Cd sometime. I must admit I'm a bit ignorant. :( I'm glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

My wonderful wife stood in line while I was at class in law school to get us tickets to the Chicago U2 concert and we had a blast at the concert. Although I have not been to a ton of concerts, it was an unbelievable experience. It is worth the expense! In fact, their DVD was recorded at the concert we attended! We were on the floor in the "pit" about eight feet from Bono and the gang. Needless to say, we both had a great time.

Kudos to Andrew for the thoughtful date night -- I might plaguarize it!

Paula said...

Sounds like a fun time. We saw the Newsboys last spring, it was the best concert I have ever seen. Yes, I agree, maybe Bono should stick to music.

Unknown said...

I love PF Changs! There's not one close to our house, so it's a special treat when we go. Their lettuce wraps are to die for!!

Merrilee said...

Bono: less talk, more singing!